Deadline: 10 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health, Safety and Security Officer in Kyangwali, Uganda. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Health, Safety and Security Officer will perform the following functions-
- Security & Safety:
- Monitor and evaluate field compliance to NRC safety and security policies, procedures and regulations.
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs and to assess if all NRC bases in Kampala / South West are compliant with NRC Safety and Security Risk Management standards.
- Work closely with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors to gain security information.
- Ensure drivers and staff are following rules and regulations outlined in NRC driver’s Manual and necessary safety and security equipment are available in all vehicles and are in good condition.
- Prepare security updates and reports as required.
- Update Area Security Management Plan, Evacuation Plan and Medical Emergencies Plan on yearly basis.
- Monitor all movements and maintain records.
- Promote positive health and safety culture in a workplace.
- Conduct investigations on incidents, complaints, and recurrent health cases to identify and provide solutions to workplace situations.
- Prepare periodic heath statistics and submit to Area Management Group (AMG) for review.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated in the area.
- Ensure the NRC meets its statutory obligations in South West pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Security related field or any relevant education qualification.
- 2 year’s of experience from working as a security officer in a humanitarian / recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts as a Security Officer.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant experience working in a humanitarian / recovery context in South and South Western Uganda.
- Ability to liaise with security agencies, other agencies including UNDSS on matters of HSS.
- Knowledge and ability to analyze the political and security dynamics in areas of operation and how they may affect operations in NRC.
- Ability to handle insecure environments.
- Knowledge, ability and capacity to analyse the political and security dynamics in Uganda and the neighbouring countries and how they may affect operations in NRC Uganda.
- Fluency in English, and Swahili.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Safety management skills and ability to conduct Safety and Security related trainings / workshops.
- Good understanding of the security context within NRC operational area.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.