Deadline: 26 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Safety Assistant in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Safety Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Staff movements and accountability oversight and support at field level across the North East Regional States:
- Provide a 24-hour overwatch on all DRC Nigeria deep field locations by acting as an immediate point of contact for all staff 24/7.
- Monitors, tracks, logs and reports all DRC Nigeria staff movements at field level across the BAY regional states.
- Monitors and logs all radio and satellite communications with DRC Nigeria field staff and other delegated focal persons.
- Monitors and logs all DRC Nigeria staff movements.
- Security incidents and data management:
- Monitor, log and report on the security context via local and external sources within the BAY region.
- Monitor the local and national news/media platforms.
- Draft and disseminate the daily media monitoring reports.
- Receive, log and disseminate daily security incident alerts, advisories and updates when/if required ensuring timely notification to DRC Mission.
- Communicate all changes in the Safety Level at field level when directed by the Country Safety Coordinator.
- Ensure all safety and security incidents are logged and reported using the DRC reporting mechanism.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in security management, communication, politics, risk or any other related field (include certificates, licenses etc.).
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions.
- Demonstrative experience in INGO/NGO or UN field (operations) with experience of safety and security.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in the military or police as either a communications specialist, signaler and/or radio operator.
- Tertiary education (Bachelor minimum) in security management, communication, politics, risk or any other related field.
- 3 year’s experience working with UN agencies, INGOs and/or international development organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Strong logging and reporting skills.
- Strong information technology skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and Hausa (written and spoken).
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.