Deadline: 31 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Security Coordinator in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The Security Coordinator will assist the line management of the Iraq Country Program in ensuring the safety and security of staff and program implementation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Security Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Line management of Security Officer.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Implement NRC’s safety and security policies at office level.
- Maintain security database and update regularly.
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs.
- Train staff in safety and security and provide regular briefings and updates.
- Immediately report all breaches of safety and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities or assets. Lead on internal incident reporting of security incidents.
- Facilitate staff relocation in emergency situations.
- Supervise, train and develop Security Focal Points at office level across the South Central area.
- Maintain a reliable network of security information resources, including counterparts in the UN, other NGOs and local and national government contacts. Liaise with these actors to gain and verify security information.
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition.
- Prepare security updates and reports as required and provide quality security briefings for new and visiting staff.
- Perform any other related duties by the management.
Applicants must have:
- A university graduate in a relevant field(s) with minimum 3 years’ experience in Security positions and in humanitarian/recovery settings, especially in complex and volatile environments.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic and previous work experience in Iraq will be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.