Deadline: 25 June 2019
The Colombo Plan is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Security Manager in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Security Manager is responsible for the safety and security of all in-house and visiting Colombo Plan staff and the protection of Colombo Plan’s assets in Afghanistan.
The Colombo Plan is a partnership concept of self-help and mutual-help in development aimed at socio-economic progress of its member countries.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Security Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Supervise, manage and develop effectiveness of out sourced Security Team.
- Oversee and augment existing security management structure (including fire safety) as required.
- Formulate, review and update security procedures and guide lines.
- Formulate Standard Operating Procedures that support effective security for Colombo Plans
personnel and assets, countrywide.
- Formulate, test and review evacuation/ emergency plans.
- Audit emergency/ contingency plans to ensure effective implementation including rehearsals to assess staff familiarity with emergency measures.
- Work with Director-CP Field Office, Programme Directors of CP and other departments and implement new procedures to prevent losses to CP Field Office personnel and assets.
- Establish and maintain security awareness training for all staff.
- Develop and oversee the day-to-day conduct of the CP Field Office Operation ‘ s security program, ensure preparation of adequate responses to security incidents in Afghanistan and provide guidance and support as well as training to ensure the safety of all staff.
- Ensure security briefing to all newly arrived staff and visitors on mission. Also ensure that changes to security policies/ standard s are disseminated in a timely manner to the staff and other stakeholder s as required.
- Provide Emergency Response Procedures (CRPs) to ensure appropriate responses to emergency situations
- Provide guidance/advices during emergency situations.
- Liaise and advise Director -CP Field Office and Programme Directors of CP on security and emergency issues Monitor the country wide security situation and update the country risk assessment periodically.
- Liaises with locally law enforcement, diplomatic and international organizations, private security firms and local authorities.
- Conduct security assessments on a periodic basis.
- Work closely with the Director CP Field Office in Kabul and Security Manager in Colombo to ensure that all projects are implemented with the highest degree of staff safety and security.
- Other relevant task as requested by the Director, CP Field Office Afghanistan or Programme Directors of CP.
- Update the CP Secretariat in Colombo about security situation in Afghanistan periodically.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced University Degree in security management, security studies or other relevant field.
- A Military or Policy Diploma with a combination of extensive relevant experience in security management in conflict or post-conflict environments may substitute a formal university degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the military, polices services, security profile including at least 3 years at the international level in high-risk/conflict environments.
- Relevant working experience, preferably in Afghanistan.
- Ability to work well in an emergency security situation and under pressure, think calmly, coordinate and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and training skills.
- Committed team player and ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
- Proficient at basic office computer programmes, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic financial management skills.
- English is the working languages of the Colombo Plan Secretariat.
- Fluency in English i.e. oral and written proficiency is essential.
- Fluency in Dari or Pashtun would be a strong asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit (CV and Cover letter) via email address given on the website with subject title “Security Manager – Kabul”.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit The Colombo Plan.