Deadline: 19 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Security Specialist in Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Security Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Monitor and analyze the political and security situation in Afghanistan and neighboring countries in order to identify and assess potential threats to AFRM and ADB Afghanistan operations.
- Develop, institute, and manage appropriate safety and security policies, programs and procedures at AFRM to provide full security oversight and support to staff and operations.
- Liaise with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS) personnel to ensure compliance and accountability in accordance with the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding regarding the coordination of security arrangements between the ADB and the UN.
- Oversee security arrangements for visiting missions at AFRM and in the field.
- Review and help develop plans and other security arrangements related to ADB operations in Afghanistan in cooperation with the government and development partners.
- Provide timely and appropriate advice and responses to emergency security threat situations.
- Supervise and coordinate actions to provide continuing review and contingency planning to enable AFRM operations in the event of hazards, civil disorder, conflict and/or terrorism.
- Disseminate appropriate and timely security and safety related information to personnel.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Security Management, International Relations, Political Science, International Law or related fields.
- University Degree in Security Management, International Relations, Political Science, International Law or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 8 year’s of relevant experience in managing security programs and liaison with military or police authorities in a government organization, international institution, corporation, or other relevant organization.
- Demonstrated experience and exposure to the international security arena dealing with safety and security issues.
- Solid understanding of international security structures and practices, in particular, with good understanding of the UN and other international organization security structures is required.
- Good understanding of political systems/government administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with staff, Management, staff of other local and international organizations, and senior government officials.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to develop consensus within a multicultural organizational work environment particularly in high stress environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in several countries.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.