International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accountant in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The Accountant will support the administration of financial reporting from IFPRI field offices in Africa in accordance with IFPRI policies and procedures.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Audit field offices financial reports for compliance with IFPRI financial policies & procedures.
- Monitor monthly checklist to ensure that key tasks are done timely and completely.
- Check and review financial registers submitted by field offices in Africa locations.
- Compare expense claims to supporting documentation.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile monthly financial reporting to HQ financial system.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of field office financial data into financial system.
- Monitor financial risks and recommend appropriate mitigation measures.
- Oversee liquid and fixed asset management.
- Confirm reasonableness of funding requests submitted to HQ for processing.
- Ensure that annual property inventory reporting is in each location.
- Provide support to colleagues in field offices in Africa.
- Assist field offices with questions and issues.
- Assist in supporting locations using QuickBooks in Africa.
- Coordinate with other members of the Finance team to ensure seamless support to and monitoring of the field offices in Africa.
- Propose and implement measures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations of field offices in Africa locations.
- Act as liaison between HQ and the field office.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 4 years in a General Accounting capacity.
- Proficiency with financial systems.
- Proficiency in English —TOEIC score exceeding 800.
- 2 years of professional experience using QuickBooks or comparable software.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with MS Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and resourceful in a team environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.