Deadline: 3 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Procurement will be responsible for providing procurement and administrative services (logistics and travel).
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement will perform the following functions-
- Start more specialized activities in contract areas, purchasing management, including the organization of procurement processes, contract enforcement, reporting and inventory control.
- Identify potential suppliers / providers.
- Receive requests for purchase of goods / services office.
- Receive technical / financial offers of suppliers in strict compliance with existing procedures and regulations.
- Negotiate certain clauses in contracts for goods / services (payment terms, delivery time etc …) in accordance with regulations and procedures.
- Take care of orders and track the compliance and A.
- The management of assets and other office equipment and computer accessories.
- Ensure that the procurement process is fair and transparent.
- Analyze the financial and legal implications of the proposed contract.
- Prepare all documents related to the purchase of goods and services and submit to the Tender Evaluation Committee.
- Prepare verbal notes to the office of indirect taxes and tax matters.
- Establish and track requests for exemption from customs duties until the visa exemption.
- Assist in the travel management process to the office and operational strategies relating thereto.
Applicants must have-
- +3 In the field of Administration or equivalent.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in procurement, management of fixed assets and / or administrative assistance especially that of the United Nations system relating to tenders and general services.
- Experience in the use of Umoja system and a good knowledge of financial rules are assets.
- Good knowledge of computers.
- Good command of French (oral and written).
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.