Deadline: 9 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Gather information with clear directions to help other staff write documents and prepare reports.
- Respond to questions and escalate points to the next level where appropriate, in order to provide reliable service on a timely basis.
- Help process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas to aid in efficient and timely management of resources.
- Provide standard document revision and proofreading services to help develop precise documents.
- Take charge of the management of certain standard systems and files to ensure that the information is reliable and that the department concerned has easy access to it.
- Identify simple anomalies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and escalate them to the next level to help service recipients in their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to ensure that information in internal systems is reliable.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary education completed with a post secondary certificate / diploma in at least one of the following fields administration, protocol, customs etc.
- At least 4 year’s progressively responsible professional experience in the relevant field, together with administrative work experience.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet).
- Knowledge of the current procedures and methods to be applied to carry out the requested work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and courteous when exchanging information with people of various backgrounds.
- Fluency in spoken and written French.
- Knowledge of English and Wolof is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.