Deadline: 24 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Dakar, Senegal.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Gather information by following clear directions to help other staff members write documents and prepare reports.
- Answer questions and escalate points to the next level where appropriate, in order to provide reliable service on a timely basis.
- Help process and manage day-to-day administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas to aid in efficient and timely management of resources.
- Provide standard document revision and proofreading services to assist in the development of accurate documents.
- Take charge of the management of certain standard systems and files to ensure that the information is reliable and that the department concerned has easy access to it.
- Management of the telephone switchboard and internal and external mail.
- Complete the formalities for obtaining a duty-free visa, exemption documents, temporary admission and any other customs formalities related to the acquisition of goods or services.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary education.
- At least 4 year’s progressively responsible professional experience in the relevant field, together with administrative work experience.
- Knowledge of the current procedures and methods to be applied to carry out the requested work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and courteous when exchanging information with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to identify anomalies in data and correct problems requiring special attention.
- Ability to provide guidance or provide basic on-the-job training to less experienced staff.
- Fluency in spoken and written French. Knowledge of English and Wolof is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.