Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Dakar, Senegal.
The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for project activities and staff, technical leadership, and administrative oversight of the program.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide vision, leadership, strategic management and oversight of program implementation.
- Manage and provide mentoring and professional development support to project staff, with emphasis on building capacity of national staff.
- Ensure the highest quality of project monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and communications.
- Assume financial accountability and ensure compliance with Global Communities and USAID rules and regulations, particularly with respect to financial and grant management.
- Provide technical assistance to local government and CSO partners.
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID, local and national governmental authorities, local nongovernmental organizations, community organizations, and other donor organizations.
Applicants must have-
- Post-graduate degree in social sciences, community development, communications, business, international development, and/or other related field.
- 10 years of minimum experience in managing a professional and administrative staff adeptly and coordinating with partner and donor organizations (references for the last three years of work experience are required and will be verified).
- Relevant professional experience managing and implementing successful, multi-year development projects in the area of civil society and/or local governance development.
- Knowledge of USAID and other USG assistance policies and reporting requirements is preferred, as the COP will be responsible for maintaining communication with the AOR and other relevant stakeholders, thus USAID prefers a candidate with previous experience as a Chief of Party / Deputy Chief of Party / Senior Manager / Team Leader of comparable multidimensional USAID project.
- English and French oral, reading and writing proficiency is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.