Deadline: 15 January 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Education Specialist will provide direct field support and capacity building for the design and use of monitoring tools enhancing social accountability/community empowerment and equitable education systems/management for the implementation of the DMS initiative in WCAR.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Capacity building of CO staff and Ministries of education for designing monitoring tools, such as district/school profile cards and education equity indices.
- Quality assurance of education indicators and data to be used in monitoring tools and related support to Education Management Information System (EMIS) strengthening.
- Technical support in collaboration with the C4D regional and HQ section for an effective plan for the dissemination and use of the monitoring tools.
- Effective and timely implementation of DMS in the participating countries.
- Cross-pollination and South-to-South cooperation.
- Support to alignment with UNICEF’s global and regional strategic priorities.
- Support country-level analyses of available evidence on the impact of community/parental participation on school resources and performance, using EMIS and MICS data.
- Technical assistance and capacity building of CO staff and Ministries of education in disseminating and applying the results in education and C4D programming and planning.
- Lesson learned from the DMS activities in WCAR countries are reported and used for knowledge exchange within WCAR and more globally for informing the next implementation phases of the DMS initiative.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in Social Science with a major focus on statistics or economics, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of work experience at national or international levels in fields relevant to education economics and/or education Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
- Fluency in French and working proficiency in English.
- Good knowledge of global developments in education and international engagement strategies, including the application of the equity lens and human rights perspectives to programming.
- Good understanding of gender and inequity issues in relation to education and development and the application of gender / equity analysis to policy and planning in education.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and of a statistical package software.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.