Deadline: 12 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Dakar, Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Technical Assistance and quality control of County Office Preparedness
- Provide tailored in-country and/or remote technical assistance to COs to step up preparedness and response readiness for specific risks (including floods, elections, treat of conflict or outbreak spillover from neighboring countries, etc.)
- Support Regional Office Preparedness
- Coordinate the preparedness work of the WCARO Emergency Technical Team (ETT).
- Ensure the ETT provides technical quality control of CO preparedness plans.
- Engage in the UNICEF Preparedness Reference Group & learning
- Participate in the global UNICEF Preparedness Reference Group.
- Support the WCARO Emergency Section
- Contribute to emergency products produced by UNICEF COs and RO (SitReps, donor reports, briefing notes, etc.)
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent, University Degree with an additional 2 year’s work experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree)
- 5 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience mainly in humanitarian action.
- Complementary experience in international development is also an advantage.
- Experience working at country level in an emergency context, is an advantage.
- Specialize training/experience in emergency preparedness/response highly desirable.
- Oral and written fluency in both English and French is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.