Deadline: 19 May 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in Dakar, Senegal.
The Executive Assistant will provide a critical level of administrative, secretarial, logistical, analytical and time management support to all aspects of the work of the Director, for the smooth and effective operation of the office.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Co-supervise in close collaboration with the Country Manager and provide leadership to the Dakar ACS team on all aspects of office administration, and balance their workload.
- Assign tasks to the Dakar administrative team and oversee prompt follow up.
- Co-supervise the Performance Evaluation and Planning process for Dakar ACS, identify development needs and ensure that learning priorities are addressed.
- Handle the selection and recruitment of short term temporary (STT) relief staff as well as term ACS as necessary.
- Act as overtime approver for all Dakar ACS.
- Coordinate on-boarding.
- Staff and oversee the Reception desk, and ensure high quality visitor reception and telephone call handling.
- Provide quality control of internal and external documents; review documents for accuracy and adherence with IFC and World Bank guidelines and procedures. Assist staff for the drafting, editing, formatting, and production of documents and correspondence, particularly in French.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application.
- Assist in preparation of client external and internal meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops etc.
- Track assigned project steps/timetables, coordinate with relevant staff and provide assistance and/or information on projected related matters.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree/college diploma preferably in Secretarial studies or Office management or Business Administration with 7 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong communication skills in English and French (verbal and written), including ability to draft, proofread and edit correspondence.
- Good computer skills, proficiency with various software technologies such as MS Office, Outlook, Box and other WB standard software.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.