Deadline: 20 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Analyst in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Analyst will analyze and interpret financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide range of complex financial issues in the office of the operational platform of Ivory Coast (CIOH ) based in Dakar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance with the provisions of the UNOPS rules and financial regulations, manual techniques finances and instructions on budget, financial transactions, recording, reporting, etc.
- Establishment of internal standard procedures in Finance (SOP).
- Controlling the flow of work in the Finance unit.
- Coordination of the preparation of the field operating budget, review of project budgets, regular analysis and reporting on budget approvals and the situation of the “Delivery”.
- Expense tracking and reporting on variances against budget.
- Coordination with the portfolio specialist to ensure compliance with financial rules, policies, procedures and regulations of UNOPS.
- Project budgets and budget revisions are prepared in accordance with established procedures.
- Review of cash for local accounts to ensure that sufficient funds are available for disbursement.
- Timely identification and registration of revenue that will be reflected in income.
- Daily review of bank statements zero balance in one Unops is made to monitor the level of advances.
- Identification and registration of contributions.
- Analysis and the establishment of an internal control system which ensures that transactions are correctly recorded in OR, the payroll is prepared on time, travel and other payment requests are processed on time.
- Control accounts and following up with partner contributions.
- Proper monitoring of financial accounts field.
- Preparing financial records, statements and reports required.
- Supervision and approval of the work of subordinates.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in finance.
Applicants must have-
- Master or equivalent in finance, business administration, public administration, economics or a related field.
- First level university degree with a professional supplementary 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at national or international level in providing financial management services and / or personnel management and operations.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and / or later versions) are desirable and knowledge of spreadsheets and databases is required.
- Written and oral command of French is required.
- Knowledge of English is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.