Deadline: 24 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist in Dakar, Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate harmonization of regional and country strategies and approaches in the achievement of MNH (and adolescent health) programme goals with special attention to strategies developed with support of current initiatives (ex: Muskoka).
- Monitor developments in technical area, as well as political and social developments, at the national and regional levels.
- Strengthen capacity for evidence-based planning and budgeting for MNH strategies.
- Guide and support on cross-cutting interventions (including Key Results for Children), working with colleagues to establish overall health programme plan, and ensure coordination of activities, information and experience sharing to achieve programme objectives.
- Focus on supporting regional initiatives to accelerate sexual, reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health (SRMNCAH) outcomes in eight priority countries supported by Muskoka.
- Draw on the lessons and experiences from the Muskoka initiative to guide and support other UNICEF’s partnerships on MNH.
- Support country programme development, monitoring and evaluation, using the M&E framework developed by the Muskoka Technical Committee.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health or a related maternal and child survival areas.
- University Degree with 2 additional year’s relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced Degree.
- Minimum 8 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels, preferably in public health or related field, with focus on MNH/quality of care.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.