Deadline: 12 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Specialist in Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnerships Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Seek and promote new multisectoral partnerships in the pursuit of programmatic results for children, policy advocacy goals as well as the leveraging of resources for children.
- Work with all UNICEF colleagues within the country office and in close liaison with the regional and HQ teams to identify partnership and resource mobilization needs and broker collaborative frameworks and partnership initiatives to meet those needs.
- Receive and screen inquiries from potential collaborators and facilitates communication with appropriate UNICEF staff.
- Scan and scout external environment within designated partnership area for opportunities and risks and shares information in a timely fashion with relevant UNICEF staff.
- Contribute to the developments and maintains deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners and relevant stakeholders, contributing to a database of key contacts and to UNICEF’s base of knowledge on partnership, engagement opportunities, policy advocacy and resource mobilization.
- Act as a focal point for identification and pursuit of opportunities for outreach, engagement, policy influence and collaboration, including on how to anticipate and respond to partners’ concerns and priorities, ensure that UNICEF’s interests, perspectives, and knowledge are taken into account in relevant policy and institutional processes, and ensure that they are fully aware of UNICEF’s perspectives, policies, priorities and capabilities.
- Contribute to the development and management of initiatives for high-level outreach, including for UNICEF’s Senior Management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in international relations, political science, communications, international development, marketing, public affairs, or other related field.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible professional experience in one or more of these areas public affairs, programme management, resource mobilization, external relations, communications and advocacy, corporate sector engagement.
- Depth knowledge of partnership development, policy advocacy and resource mobilization.
- Demonstrate ability to formulate new approaches in respect of resources management and outreach- related activities.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.