Deadline: 13 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Dakar, Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Receive and review draft requisitions for clarity, adequacy of specifications and completeness, confirms availability of funds and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Interact with the Programme section in the preparation of appropriate documents PGM’s, requisitions, LTAs, solicitations and purchase orders, etc. according to procurement specifications and supply procedures.
- Compile and evaluate procurement requests and ensure appropriateness of Terms of References/Scope of Programmatic Services.
- Compile lists of local /international sources of procurement, contacts local / International potential suppliers or vendors for price quotations, prepares summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer.
- Once decision on supplier is taken, drafts the obligation the obligation (contract, purchase orders and LTAs) and compiles obligation documents for supervisor’s signature ensures distribution of signed obligation documents to all parties.
- Maintain contact with forwarder, customs and immigration officials, follows up on preliminary supply clearance documentation to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies and equipment, in keeping with established protocol.
- Maintain manual and automated procurement files and record provides purchase information to receiving and inventory staff maintains procurement supply and vendor reference database.
- Keep up date the master file for all institutional contracts and purchase orders.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by courses in procurement methods, logistics or equivalent technical training.
- 5 year’s progressively responsible administrative work, with specialized experience in purchasing a variety of materials and services.
- Experience with computer database, SAP for maintaining procurement records.
- Work experience in Supply/Logistics management.
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English required.
- Knowledge of the local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.