Deadline: 26 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plan develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of significant complexity.
- Advise requisitioning units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle, meeting objectives under tight deadlines.
- Prepare solicitation process, identifies method of solicitation, drafts tendering documents, identifies sourcing strategy and distributes invitations to tender, also using e-tendering system and supports bid/proposals evaluations while ensuring the solicitation process is fair, objective, and transparent and that it follows the general principles, as set forth in the FAO Manual Section;
- Prepare and presents cases to the relevant Procurement Committees;
- Participate in and conducts site inspections, bidder’s conferences and contract negotiations.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments researches and analyses statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services.
- Contribute to updating procurement policies and related tools, provides procurement reporting as well as clarification/information for auditing purposes.
- Participate in the development of training and related training materials and promotes best practices and capacity development at HQ and the Decentralized Offices.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Law, Business, Administration, Economics, Public Administration or Commerce or a related field.
- 5 year’s relevant experience in procurement-related activities with at least two in public procurement.
- Working knowledge of English and French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.