Deadline: 28 October 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Adviser in Dakar, Senegal.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Adviser will perform the following functions:
- Establishment and Coordination of key networks.
- Policy dialogue.
- Focal point with HQ on UN affairs, policy external relations and resource mobilization related matters.
- Region-wide advisory services.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, gender, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management or other related field.
- 10 year’s increasingly responsible professional experience in development programmes, of which 7 year’s at the international level.
- 10 year’s progressively responsible national and international professional experience in sexual and reproductive health, population and development, gender, advocacy, management and evaluation.
- Strong track record of leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results.
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender.
- Familiarity with ICT/ERP and other management and monitoring tools is an asset.
- Fluency in English required.
- French language skills an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.