Deadline: 26 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Dakar, Senegal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of partners proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conduct programme monitoring (cash and supplies) on intervention implemented by UNICEF and informing team-members on the status.
- Conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Support Nutrition section in researching, compiling, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in nutrition programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Develop country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Portuguese or Spanish) is an asset.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.