Deadline: 30 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Specialist will provide quality oversight for the implementation of the regional programme, including overseeing regional policy interventions, contractual arrangements, technical monitoring and coordination of substantive and financial reporting requirements related to the project.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Draft briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to the programme.
- Draft the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Translate the priorities of the Strategic Note into programme interventions.
- Participate in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to the programme on behalf of UN Women, as necessary.
- Identify areas for support and interventions within the programme.
- Finalize reports on activities, outputs and outcomes; as well as donor and UN Women reports.
- Ensure adherence to standard UN Women procedures in planning and implementation of programmes/ project.
- Ensure synergies within and with other programme/ project teams.
- Oversee the technical implementation and conceptualization of the programme/project.
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Regional Programme.
- Provide technical support on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events and participating in groups and committees as needed.
- Develop and expand knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies.
- Manage the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the programme and contribute to their global dissemination.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in development related disciplines, gender issues, economics, political science, human rights, law or other social science fields, of direct relevance to rule of law, protection, security sector reform.
- 5 of more years of relevant experience at the national or international level in gender and peacekeeping, policy research and gender analysis, with responsibility for the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Prior experience in the UN System and the Region will be an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
- Working knowledge in any of the official UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.