Deadline: 19 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Executive Assistant in Dakar, Senegal.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Executive Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Works with the highest level of discretion in providing wide-ranging executive assistance support to the Country Director.
- Fully responsible for time management and scheduling on behalf of the Country Director, to include effective prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands.
- Undertakes representational duties on behalf of the Country Director, serving as the first point of contact and liaison with an extensive network of contacts at the most senior levels, both internally and externally.
- Establishes and maintains an effective network of contacts to ensure effective liaison in support of the Country Director’s priorities.
- Independently responds to diverse inquiries and makes decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Ensures quality of documents requiring the Country Director’s approval and/or signature.
- Drafts/finalizes correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Country Director or equivalent manager and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Routinely involved in relaying/processing/handling information of the most sensitive, diverse and confidential nature.
- Effectively provides general research support to the Country Director and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data as needed.
- Plays a leadership role with respect to all issues related to ACS staff, being accountable for the smooth operation of the office support work and related system, assuming primary responsibility for organizing and coordinating workflow.
- Supervises the ACS staff including coaching and mentoring, and provides primary input to their objectives as well as performance assessments.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor preferably in Secretarial Studies or Office Management, or other relevant qualification.
- 7 years of direct relevant experience in a large International or Service or Private Sector Organization.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and oversee administrative and client support staff.
- Experience in the full range of World Bank Group or other international organization office support work, with a high level of sustained performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French, with ability to draft correspondence on a range of topics.
- Ensure quality of documents requiring Country Manager’s approval and/or signature.
- Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pass the required World Bank Group skills test.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.