Deadline: 28 October 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Governance and Economic Management Officer in Dakar, Senegal.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Governance and Economic Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Project Management:
- Support operational activities, including the development and implementation of governance operations, including budget support operations, institutional support projects and technical assistance at the country and regional level.
- Strategy and Planning:
- Contribute towards the development of country and sector level policy and strategies for economic governance issues in Regional Member Countries in consultation with relevant government agencies and country offices.
- Sector Economic Work and Knowledge Sharing:
- Undertake reviews, analysis and reporting of governance and economic management initiatives of Governments, ensuring that these are considered in the design and implementation of programs.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Public administration, Governance/ Political Science, Law or related fields.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience in governance, economic management, policy formulation, revenue management, public expenditure or any discipline that is relevant for the position.
- Proven experience in project management, including the design and execution of governance operations such as budget support operations, institutional support projects and technical assistance.
- Proven ability to interact competently with Government and donor agencies on issues relating to aid coordination.
- Ability to apply innovative approaches, work independently and apply new methods to solve problems, while remaining efficient in a fast-paced, changing and demanding institutional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.