Deadline: 25 October 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Belgrade, Serbia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Draft correspondence and documents based onwritten/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit. Independently composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Revise unitcorrespondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical)content.
- Type reports and other documentation.Arranges duty travel.
- Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence anddocuments, evaluates the urgency or critical nature of items, and brings themto the attention of the responsible staff.
- Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates and deadlines for response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate.
- Use GSM, monitors aspects of the implementation of activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved projects.
- Assemble draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- Relevant higher education from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
- Previous work experience with WHO/UN organizations.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerised systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English and local language.
- Intermediate knowledge of Other WHO language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.