Deadline: 7 April 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support – Senior Assistant in Belgrade, Serbia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support – Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide assistance in development of reports on Programme activities.
- Provide assistance in organisation of functions and events to present the Programme’s support .
- Liaise with the support services team to support successful implementation of contracts and grant agreements by maintaining regular communication between the programme and Support Services units in order to ensure timely exchange of information on the status of provision of services, procurements and grant agreements.
- With guidelines from the Project Manager, and in coordination with the Senior Officers managing different Programme Sectors, liaise with Programme beneficiaries and collect information relevant for Programme monitoring and evaluation efforts and Programme communications.
- Provide assistance in collection, preparation, and archiving of documentation related to processing of Programme related financial transactions.
- Establish activity progress tracking sheets for the Programme and regularly update with inputs provided by beneficiaries, services providers and Programme Sectors.
- Maintain archive related to the Programme, as per agreement with the Project Manager and in line with the UNOPS/EU PRO Plus requirements.
- With the guidance of the Project Manager, liaise with retainers and service providers to support implementation of the Programme communications activities including gathering data on their engagement, collecting and storing their reports, communicating directly with retainers in relation to administrative and procedural issues.
- Contribute to identification and assessment of risks and assist in implementation of mitigation measures in accordance with the Risk Management Strategy.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Journalism, Communications or Social Sciences is an asset.
- 5 year’s experience in project support functions, Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for some years of experience.
- Experience in assisting with Communications, Digital Marketing, Monitoring and Evaluation efforts in development projects will be considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Serbian and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.