Deadline: 2 April 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Expert on Food and Nutrition Security Information System in Seychelles.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Expert on Food and Nutrition Security Information System will perform the following function
- Review and analyse existing official food and nutrition security information (secondary data), and design qualitative and quantitative data collection tools as part of the assessment methodology;
- Develop the scope of the monitoring tool in terms of data collection, analysis and dissemination methodology, including the plan for testing and piloting of the tools.
- Provide technical support to the data collection team in terms of training and field operations.
Support the collect of database on school gardens (information on nutrition education for children and parents of students).
- Participate on the development for the action plan integrating food and nutrition security and concrete actions to be carried out by the local committees
- Support the establishment of an adequate and simplified information system making it possible to know the food security situation and vulnerability in the intervention areas before, during and after crisis.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Economics, Social Science, Agriculture, Business Administration or Information Management.
- 10 year’s experience in management of Agriculture Information.
- Experience working in the Ministry of Agriculture, National Bureau of Statistics or other government agencies working in field of agricultural information.
- Nationality of Seychelles.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.