Deadline: 1 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Field Office in Kenema, Sierra Leone.
The Chief Field Office will be responsible for the coordination, development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a broad range of programmes/projects in the Field Office, Kenema, focused on achievement of UNICEF’s Organizational priorities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Field Office will perform the following functions-
- Manage the cost-effective, appropriate and sound utilization, protection and accounting of all organizational resources in Kenema Office, i.e. financial, human, administrative, fixed assets, as well as programme, supplies, equipment and cash assistance.
- Establish appropriate controls, systems and procedures monitor its compliance, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide technical support to the local authorities and district councils in planning and coordination, especially in programme areas concerning children.
- Coordinate and communicate all programme monitoring activities with the Deputy Representative (DR) and Heads of Sections/Units (HoS) in Freetown.
- Establish integrated work plans for the field office and ensure timely planning, implementation and monitoring of activities and feedback through regular meetings/reviews with the Kenema team.
- Provide guidance to Kenema based programme staff on courses of action to improve on the delivery of project activity inputs, leading to the attainment of the programme objectives and goals.
- Establish and maintain a high level of contact with the government counterparts, UN, NGO and civil society representatives and other decision-makers and influential members in the northern districts, to advocate and promote the well-being of women and children as a priority in the regional development effort.
- Provide regular updates on the political and socio-economic situation in the region Ensure quality of visits by donors/ goodwill ambassadors/ media personnel to optimally portray UNICEF supported initiatives.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- University degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience in heading a field/zonal office, an advantage.
- Fluency in English and another UN language as required.
- Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.