Deadline: 18 November 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Sierra Leone.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Assume overall leadership, strategy development, management oversight, and technical direction for primary health care, community health, and WASH activities.
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, host country governments, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors.
- Provide overall leadership and supervision of senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees.
- Responsible for the overall and direct implementation of project activities and liaises with project teams to ensure technical coordination.
- Lead the strategic engagement of the communities and local partners in program activities.
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate.
- Oversee program work planning, budget, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communications.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in public health, medicine, nursing, or related field.
- At least 10 year’s professional experience managing large, complex health projects in developing countries, with at least 8 year’s experience working on private sector engagement programming.
- Experience leading large teams, managing programs, and enabling local partnerships to achieve results.
- Track record of progressive responsibility, including at least 8 year’s providing senior-level leadership (e.g., Project Director, Chief of Party, Deputy Director) to programs of similar scale, scope and complexity.
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with Ministries of Health, USAID, and implementing partners in West Africa, with experience working in Sierra Leone preferred.
- Fluency English oral and written communication skills is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.