Deadline: 5 June 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Assistant in Freetown, Sierra Leone. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Human Resources Assistant will provide support and services in the preparation of pre-requisites and the initiation of Human Resources related transactions in GSM to both managers and staff members in accordance with WHO rules, regulations and HR policies.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in the offline process of creation and classification of positions and in the selection process for GS, NPO and Professional positions.
- Assist with HR data entry, review, update and cleansing as required.
- Liaise with HR counterparts of IST, Budget Centers and GHR to ensure a proper follow up on actions initiated.
- Assist in recording and follow ups required for disciplinary related cases.
- Manage the recruitment and administration of Special Service Agreement (SSAs).
- Manage the process of statutory medical examinations for entry, periodic and exit medical clearances and keep records of medical expiry dates for follow-up and renewals.
- Provide support to managers, staff members, consultants and SSAs and staff on the completion of probationary, yearly, end-of-mission and other ad-hoc performance evaluations and appraisal reports, using e-PMDS and other manual templates
- Conducting orientation and induction programmes for new staff and consultants.
- Briefing staff and consultants on their entitlements and attending to staff requests and queries.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary School Education with specialized training in Public/General Administration including HR theory and procedures.
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations & Personnel Management, Public/Business Administration, Psychology or Sociology.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources Management or General Administration.
- Experience in an international organization or UN agencies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.