Deadline: 20 April 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Research & Learning Coordinator in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Research & Learning Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Provide support to the implementation of Plan Sierra Leone M&E methodologies and tools for monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Develop and/or review monitoring and evaluation tools for projects.
- Build the capacity of M&E Officers and project staff on the use of monitoring and data collection tools.
- Provide update to the MERL Manager and Head of Programmes on findings from weekly/monthly monitoring visits.
- Collaboration with PISL MERL Manager, develop working documents (e.g. logframes, indicator tracking tables, etc.) to measure and document progress and performance on indicators and achievement of milestones, targets, outcomes, as well as lessons learned and good practices.
- Coordinate and lead the revision/adjustment of indicators and activities.
- Participate in programme review and learning sessions that provide opportunity to the MERL team and technical Specialists to reflect and learn from experiences and the best practices on M&E in order to improve the M&E system as well as strengthen the capabilities, systems and processes that relate to M&E in all PISL interventions and initiatives.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree or its equivalent (from a recognized institution) in Social Sciences, Economics, Development, Statistics, Mathematics, Evaluation or other fields related to education.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in M&E designs, tools, systems and methodologies and working in a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research designs and analysis.
- Ability to communicate to a fairly diverse audience.
- Excellent skills in information management including recording, analysing, reporting and review methods.
- Innovative and field oriented with good communication skills.
- Previous experience in using online data collection/monitoring apps.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Good writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.