Deadline : 4 December 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Sierra Leone.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide administrative assistance, coordination support, and logistics management for project meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Support human resources needs including posting job advertisements, scheduling interviews, maintaining personnel files, and drafting employment agreements and amendments.
- Manage timely collection of time sheets for all short-term and long-term project employees, review time sheets for accuracy and file appropriately.
- Review vendor invoices and prepare payment packages as needed.
- Support procurement of all office equipment, furniture, supplies, services, etc. in line with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Draft project procurement documents including procurement action requests, negotiation memos, purchases orders, RFQs or RFPs, and fixed price subcontracts.
- Maintain clear and concise procurement files and procurement tracking systems that document project compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Assist in inventory tracking and management of all project property.
- Assist with international and domestic travel arrangements, clearances, and hotel reservations for all short-term consultants traveling to the field, and local staff traveling to other districts.
- Develop and maintain basic administrative systems to ensure project compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies.
Applicants must have:
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- 2 year’s of relevant working experience in operations and administrative areas including procurement, human resources.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects, preferably with responsibilities in procurement, human resources, or operations, highly preferred.
- Basic financial management experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of the operating environment in Sierra Leone.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills, excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Fluency in English written and oral both is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.