Deadline: 24 June 2016
World Wild Fund for Nature (WWF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Sustainable Finance Engagement Manager in Singapore.
The Sustainable Finance Engagement Manager will support the Asia Finance and Commodities Specialist in carrying out engagement and advocacy work across the finance sector in Asia by creating in house research backed reports and workshop materials.
WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Sustainable Finance Engagement Manager will perform the following functions-
- Conduct research on commodities supply chains, ESG issues and sustainability disclosure and performance by companies.
- Work with regional WWF offices to assess and benchmark financial institutions extent of ESG integration and regulatory standards.
- Assist in the design and writing of reports and guides to be used to engage banks and investors on ESG integration.
- Create presentations and conduct capacity building workshops targeted at financial institutions.
- Work with WWF commodity and forestry experts to distill insights and knowledge into guidance tools for the finance sector.
- Work with banks to develop responsible lending policies, ESG risk appraisal tools and appropriate monitoring and reporting frameworks.
- Assist the Asia Finance and Commodities Specialist in developing partnerships with the finance sector and other stakeholders in the region so as to promote and leverage WWF’s commodity finance interests.
- Keep abreast of developments relevant to sustainability and finance.
Applicants must have-
- Relevant educational qualifications, Master’s Degree preferred in either finance, economics or environment management.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the area of finance or sustainability.
- Experience working with corporate is preferred.
- Good understanding of how environmental concerns relate to material business risks and opportunities.
- General knowledge of the finance sector levers for change as they relate to sustainability.
- Ability to analyze ESG issues and to effectively communicate these to financial institution partners.
- Ability to prioritise and operate under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter via email, with “Sustainable Finance Engagement Manager” as the subject line.
For more information, please visit WWF.