Deadline: 1 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Communication for Development in Yaounde, Cameroon.
The Chief Communication for Development will be responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Communication for Development will perform the following functions-
- Designs, manages, and facilitates the implementation of programme communication strategy, plan of action and activities for strategic communication and promotion for social and behavioral change in support of country programme delivery.
- Organizes the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant communication materials.
- Supports the UNICEF global communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary country specific and local community materials.
- Develops and enhances strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society for promotion of participation in social and behavioral changes supportive of programme goals.
- Develops training materials and activities to build capacity for participatory and behavior change communication.
- Provides effective coordination and technical support to government counterparts and other partners in the development and strategic use of communication for social development.
- Monitor and evaluate programme activities and prepare monitoring and evaluation reports. Exchange findings, experiences, lessons learned and new methods with partners.
- Participate in the budget planning and ensure the compliance and the optimal appropriation of allocated programme funds.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in the social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.