Deadline: 30 May 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Child Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Project design, implementation and reporting
- Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning.
- Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Assess the outPAts, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities in the program area.
- Oversee child protection project implementation both at development & emergency setups.
- Prepare and develop in consultation with appropriate stakeholders annual work plans and project plans.
- Under the Country Lead leadership contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources, including review and check project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
- Policy engagement and networking
- Serve as a principal representative to regional child protection thematic networks and clusters to promote effective program implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
- Establish links and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, , academic and research institutions and the media, in the area of child protection to draw information and knowledge for program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Make follow up and proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to child protection program.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social work, Sociology, Development studies, Law and other social science with at least 5 year’s relevant experience of which at least 2 year’s experience with NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of child protection projects.
- Knowledge of the Child Protection sector.
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
- Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.