Deadline: 14 March 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Specialist in Yaounde, Cameroon.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Communication for Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, communication, cultural, economic and political issues in the country/region. Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D component of the Country Program of Cooperation.
- Collect, synthesize, draft and/or organize materials and related documentations for evidence-based C4D strategies and plans to ensure optimum impact, scale and sustainability of achievements/results.
- Assess, select and/or recommend appropriate information and materials for C4D initiatives verifying accuracy and quality for dissemination.
- Monitor and assess the impact of C4D strategies and activities on the CO and UNICEF goals to achieve measureable behavioral and social change resulting in the improvement of children’s rights and wellbeing. Submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A University Degree in social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or other related social science field is required
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in areas of social development program planning, communications and public advocacy and related areas at the international and large organization some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Work experience and familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in French and Knowledge of working in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.