Deadline: 3 May 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Development Coordination Officer, Programme Communications and Advocacy in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Development Coordination Officer, Programme Communications and Advocacy will perform the following functions-
- Plan and facilitate strategy advocacy and programme communications in support of the UNDAF
- Plan and facilitate the promotion of advocacy and communications as a tool for a participatory approach to UNDAF implementation and monitoring, reflecting the views and priorities of people, including those left farthest behind.
- Monitor and analyze the media in the areas related to the UN’s mandates and programmes in the country, as well as other issues relevant to the UN brand and positioning.
- Provide substantive support to the RC and UNCT on public messaging and media outreach, and assists in managing reputational risks or crises around sensitive issues.
- Contribute to partnership building and media relations
- Plan and facilitate the engagement of key traditional and non-traditional partners, including government, civil society, private sector, development partners and others new as well as traditional actors on the collective 2030 Agenda and the related role and impact of the UN’s work in country.
- Provide substantive support to the RC and UNCT in significantly expanding public outreach on the 2030 Agenda and the UN’s role and impact in country.
- Plan and facilitate public engagement on the UN’s role and work in country, including through programme visits showcasing the UN’s development impact.
- Plan and facilitate digital communications
- Develop and maintain digital external platforms such as the UN country team website as well as UN social media presence (Facebook, Twitter account etc.).
- Plan and facilitate the development and implementation of a digital content strategy and contributes to the development of key communication products (e.g. human-interest stories, photography, video, animations, etc.).
- Provide substantive support for publications and branding management
- Provide substantive support to the RC and UNCT on joint UN publications ensuring high quality standards and the correct application of the UN branding guidelines.
- Prepare inputs for the RC and UNCT on the use of the UN joint brand at country level across UN products, both offline and online.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in communications, journalism, business or public administration, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in programme communications and advocacy or partnership development in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
- Fluency in English, one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, is required.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.