Deadline: 21 July 2020
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of MEAL in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of MEAL will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Leadership
- Responsible for developing and updating CO MEAL framework and standard operating procedures in with line SCI MEAL standards.
- Promote all aspects of MEAL to support the creation of an organisational culture which prioritises quality programming, including alignment with SCI’s Quality Framework.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues and provide support as required to ensure MEAL system is understood and supported at country office level.
- Lead on ensuring linkages between MEAL, Child safeguarding systems, and safe programming.
- Ensure effectiveness of the monitoring systems in maintaining and improving quality of services delivered by the country office.
- Strengthen efforts to create greater efficiency in MEAL systems by continued harmonization with SCI (and other relevant) standards and use of digital technologies.
- Ensure that the organisation delivers on all internal and external MEAL requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information.
- Strengthen the MEAL systems and processes to assure systematic tracking of achievements and progress towards project objectives and outcomes.
- Work with Technical Specialist (TS) to utilize and develop sector/thematic quality benchmarks for all activities implemented within a given sector/theme including any new activities that may be introduced in the program on an ongoing basis.
- Review and advise on consistency, expected results/indicators, and other elements of log-frames/results frameworks to ensure quality.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree (MSc) in an area of social development, economics, statistics or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 6 year’s of practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in an international non-governmental organisation.
- Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology, and analyse and disseminate complex information to a range of audiences.
- Practical knowledge or experience of working in humanitarian response and recovery at a technical senior level position.
- Excellent writing skills to present assessment and project reports in English.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office, any statistical package like STATA and digital data management systems.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi location, values driven teams.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Save the Children.