Deadline: 26 June 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Consultant in Accra, Ghana.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Consultant will perform the following functions-
- In collaboration with the SPD and UNICEF, facilitate working sessions with stakeholders (Social Protection Programme Managers, Social Protection Inter-Sectoral Technical Committee Members and Development Partners) to identify and agree on key components required for the communication strategy.
- Produce a draft revised communication strategy and share with the SPD and partners for review and feedback.
- Produce a final draft of the communication strategy incorporating inputs and recommendations from the SPD and partners.
- Facilitate a validation meeting with the stakeholders/Partners mentioned above as well as members of the Social Protection Sector Working Group on the final draft, input recommendations and comment where appropriate and submit to the SPD and UNICEF.
- Develop and finalize an M&E guide and an annual implementation plan for the communication strategy.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in mass communications, public relations, communication analysis and planning, social development communication or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Proven track record and experience in conducting communications needs analysis and strategic design as well as managing communication campaigns is required.
- Familiarity with the Ghanaian social protection landscape is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working with a range of stakeholders will be an asset.
- Good facilitation and communication skills is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.