Deadline: 14 November 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Analyst in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Undertake sustainability and safeguards work for projects under the supervision of a social development specialist.
- Provide operational support on social development issues during country programming, project identification, preparation and supervision phases for Bank operations in Argentina and Uruguay.
- Support the team’s analytical, operational and partnership work on violence prevention.
- Provide support to ensure the inclusion of women, indigenous populations and other vulnerable groups, supporting stakeholder consultations and ensuring feedback is incorporated into project design and supervision.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of learning events both inside the Bank and for clients.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., sociology, anthropology, political science, demography, geography) with a minimum 4 years of professional experience in sustainability, social safeguards and/or social development (voice and participation, gender, community-driven development, violence prevention).
- Excellent operational and analytical skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to apply these in carrying out complex research and operational tasks, identifying issues, presenting findings/recommendations and contributing to resolution of sector and country issues.
- Prior experience in World Bank implementation support and mission documentation (aide-memoires, ISRs, etc.).
- Prior experience in social sustainability and safeguards issues.
- Prior experience in the Latin America and the Caribbean Region is a strong advantage.
- Good Knowledge of English, Spanish, French and Portuguese Language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.