Deadline: 7 October 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Manager in Costa Rica.
The Programme Manager will be accountable for programme, planning, design, implementation and administration of the total programme commitment of a small-medium size country office with a broad range of projects, in accordance with Country Programme Recommendation and Country Programme Management Plan, focused on achievement of UNICEF´s priorities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Manager will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the preparation of the Situation Analysis for programme development.
- Administer a consistent and transparent monitoring system; providing accurate analysis of country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
- Support preparation of programme work plans as required.
- Responsible for preparation of program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices.
- Assist in establishing programme work plans and monitors progress and compliance.
- Help to manage allocation and disbursement of programme funds, ensuring that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Take appropriate actions to optimize use of programme funds.
- Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Assure the quality of child rights-based programs through consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programs and projects.
- Bring coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme design.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
- International and Developing country work experience for (IP) National of field work experience (for NO).
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Nationality of Costa Rica.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.