Deadline: 31 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer – Community Mobilization in Sinjar, Iraq. The duration of this post is 9 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer – Community Mobilization will perform the following functions:
- Organize and lead needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities.
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the project selection criteria.
- Assist the PM in developing messaging around project implementation methodology, the scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and ensure effective delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- In collaboration with Project Coordinator prepare Procurement Requests.
- Track and record information related to follow up carried relating to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social work, humanitarian assistance/development, project management, or related subject.
- At least 2 year’s experience working in an emergency setting or development work.
- Basic experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration.
- Proven skills and experience in monitoring and documenting humanitarian project implementation.
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in field level coordination with community stakeholders, local and international NGO’s, and local government officials.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Basic understanding of concept note, proposal and report writing.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.