Deadline: 31 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer – Community Mobilization in Sinjar, Iraq. The duration of this post is 9 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Project Officer – Community Mobilization will perform the following functions:
- Organize and lead needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities.
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the project selection criteria.
- Assist the PM in developing messaging around project implementation methodology, the scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and ensure effective delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- In collaboration with Project Coordinator prepare Procurement Requests.
- Track and record information related to follow up carried relating to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social work, humanitarian assistance/development, project management, or related subject.
- At least 2 year’s experience working in an emergency setting or development work.
- Basic experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration.
- Proven skills and experience in monitoring and documenting humanitarian project implementation.
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in field level coordination with community stakeholders, local and international NGO’s, and local government officials.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Basic understanding of concept note, proposal and report writing.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.