Deadline: 9 June 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Protection and Gender Officer in Beirut, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection and Gender Officer will perform the following functions-
- Protection and Gender Mainstreaming
- Ensure that Protection activities, throughout all project phases, are in line with Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action as well as the IASC Guidelines on Gender and GBV.
- Ensure that Protection activities, throughout all project phases, are in line with the organizational policies and standards on gender equality and inclusion and child safeguarding, and in accordance with Plan International’s Protection from Violence framework.
- Design, with support from relevant Managers and Specialists, a plan for the integration of protection mainstreaming and gender transformative approaches into all project phases.
- Implement and monitor the plan in coordination with project staff and partners.
- Support the Plan International staff and partners to adjust activities, materials and tools across sectors (i.e. CP, Education, Shelter, Livelihoods) to be gender transformative and age-appropriate.
- Activities’ Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor the implementation of Protection related activities in line with agreed work plans and ensure that activities are on track and meet the target set.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Complete monthly M&E reporting including reporting on project database, beneficiary count, trainings report, interim reporting, meeting reports, and Pre/Post-test analysis.
- Systematically organize and ensure proper documentation of partner M&E data related to protection activities.
- Identify relevant success stories and work with relevant staff and partners on documenting them.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or similar is preferable.
- At least 3 year’s of demonstrated experience working in the Protection Sector, including CP and/or GBV.
- Strong experience in gender mainstreaming and gender transformative approaches.
- Strong experience in working with adolescents and youth.
- Experience working on areas such as Child Labour and Child, Early and Forced Marriage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel.
- Strong commitment to safeguarding and gender policies both inside and outside the workplace.
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to deliver trainings.
- Strong character traits, including team work, striving for high performance, emotional stability, resilience, adaptability, and ability to handle stress, strong initiative and self-motivation, cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Flexible work arrangement which requires frequent travel from Bekaa to Beirut, including some overnight stays with the ability to balance field and office work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- French mandatory, multiple language skills are desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.