Deadline: 31 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant – Case Worker in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 7 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Protection Assistant – Case Worker will perform the following functions:
- In compliance with best-practice and international standards in CP response, provide direct psychosocial support to vulnerable girls and boys.
- Case management services will include assessment of needs, development of an action plan for recovery, conducting referrals to relevant services, implementing the action plan and ensuring appropriate follow up and close the case when appropriate.
- Provide age-appropriate counseling for vulnerable children through the implementation of tools developed to ensure the best interest of the child and provide age-appropriate qualitative psychosocial support in mobile and static safe spaces and child-friendly spaces including awareness and information sessions.
- Provide Remote Case Management during COVID-19, by using the Interagency guidance note on Child Protection Case Management.
- Store and file CP data ensuring the confidentiality of the information collected and the services provided according to the minimum standard; by using Primero Platform.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner for CP-GBV Case Management Officer’s validation.
- Receive referrals from different agencies, follow up with an action plan and appropriate response to each case and send referrals to different agencies according to the action plan developed with the child and his family.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling and/or psychology or other related field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in counseling vulnerable children and survivors of child protection violations (CP Case Worker).
- Analytical skills.
- Communication skills.
- Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings.
- Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- Master’s Degree in social work.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.