Deadline: 24 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant FPSS in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant FPSS will perform the following functions:
- Identify safe spaces to provide Focused PSS(FPSS)that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level and deliver FPSS in line with global and national inter-agency SOPs/standards.
- Ensure that children, caregivers and adolescent boys are registered in focused PSS activities without creating stigma and/or judgment.
- Create a safe space where participants can voice their opinions, thoughts and emotions, share experiences and brainstorm on solutions in a confidential and respectful manner.
- Actively identify the most vulnerable: children at high risk of or engaged in child labor and/or early marriage and their Caregivers and ensure their enrollment in DRC focused PSS programs (including referring high risk adolescent girls to focused PSS) and Actively identify adolescent boys at high risk of or engaged in risky behavior in relation or maladaptive gender role practices and ensure they are enrolled in ABAAO’s Program Ra, adopted by DRC.
- Ensure ALL children, caregivers(and adolescent boys if needed) in focused PSS sessions are referred to case management and Ensure that the caregivers of children engaged in child labor are referred to livelihood opportunities and Ensure that all children and adolescent boys in focused PSS are referred to education services or livelihood opportunities for those above 15 years old and Ensure that ALL children and caregivers accessing focused PSS are referred back to community based PSS at the end of the program.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, teaching, child development or other related field.
- Excellent knowledge of child protection and GBV and PSS basic principles.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and adult learning techniques.
- Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the negative impacts of child labor on child development.
- Excellent knowledge of the worst and other forms of child labor.
- Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles.
- Minimum 2 to 3 year’s of experience providing psychosocial activities to high risk children and caregivers.
- Minimum 1 year experience providing psychosocial support to adolescent boys.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.