Deadline: 24 May 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant FPSS in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Assistant FPSS will perform the following functions:
- Identify safe spaces to provide Focused PSS(FPSS)that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level and deliver FPSS in line with global and national inter-agency SOPs/standards.
- Ensure that children, caregivers and adolescent boys are registered in focused PSS activities without creating stigma and/or judgment.
- Create a safe space where participants can voice their opinions, thoughts and emotions, share experiences and brainstorm on solutions in a confidential and respectful manner.
- Actively identify the most vulnerable: children at high risk of or engaged in child labor and/or early marriage and their Caregivers and ensure their enrollment in DRC focused PSS programs (including referring high risk adolescent girls to focused PSS) and Actively identify adolescent boys at high risk of or engaged in risky behavior in relation or maladaptive gender role practices and ensure they are enrolled in ABAAO’s Program Ra, adopted by DRC.
- Ensure ALL children, caregivers(and adolescent boys if needed) in focused PSS sessions are referred to case management and Ensure that the caregivers of children engaged in child labor are referred to livelihood opportunities and Ensure that all children and adolescent boys in focused PSS are referred to education services or livelihood opportunities for those above 15 years old and Ensure that ALL children and caregivers accessing focused PSS are referred back to community based PSS at the end of the program.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, teaching, child development or other related field.
- Excellent knowledge of child protection and GBV and PSS basic principles.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and adult learning techniques.
- Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the negative impacts of child labor on child development.
- Excellent knowledge of the worst and other forms of child labor.
- Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles.
- Minimum 2 to 3 year’s of experience providing psychosocial activities to high risk children and caregivers.
- Minimum 1 year experience providing psychosocial support to adolescent boys.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.