Deadline: 9 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant (People With Specific Needs CaseWorker) in North Lebanon, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Assistant (People With Specific Needs CaseWorker) will perform the following functions:
- In compliance with best-practice and international standards in PWSN response, provide case management to vulnerable PWSN through high quality and confidential interventions in line with minimum standards for service provision and DRC’s case management SOPs, with the aim of empowering PWSN, allowing individuals to access their rights, regain control over their lives and restore dignity.
- Conduct home visits to vulnerable individuals, assess their needs and engage with their family members and caretakers, develop, implement and follow up on action plans, and monitor sitation prior to case closure.
- File and store PWSN data as directed by GBV Protection officer; ensure the utmost confidentiality of case management data and information throughout the case management process; including protection referrals.
- Provide psycho-social support and peer-to-peer support to PWSN through group interventions, to be conducted in accessible safe spaces identified in collaboration with group participants, focusing on elderly.
- When needed and with their informed consent, safely identify and refer PWSN to individual case management or other relevant and available services.
- Deliver basic PwSN trainings to person of concerns, including sessions on the pwsn core concepts and guiding principles and the safe identification and referral of PwSN cases, in addition to protection mainstreaming.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s in Social work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field.
- 1 to 2 year’s of experience in delivering case management to PWSN.
- Good knowledge of GBV and CP case management principles.
- Good knowledge of disability, disability types and mental health related matters.
- Excellent gender and age appropriate facilitation skills, child development and adult learning techniques, and good knowledge of GBV, child protection and PSS basic principles.
- Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.