Deadline: 20 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Monitors in Beletweyne, Somalia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Monitors will perform the following functions:
- Conduct regular protection monitoring of protection threats, vulnerabilities and coping capacities using and contributing to the Somalia Protection Monitoring System (PMS) in particular:
- Select of key informants (KI) from the community in line with the PMS methodology representing a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and maintenance of good relations, based on voluntariness and informed consent with the KI.
- Conduct data collection on a monthly basis (last week and first week of each month) to villages, urban areas, and informal settlements where returnees, refugees and asylum seekers and IDPs live within the community using the PMS tools and methodology.
- Utilize digital data collection system based on smart-phones for data collection and uploading, participates in training in the digital system, testing, data cleaning, and regular debrief and supervision of digital data collection activities.
- Ensure the data is collected in line with PIM and protection principles.
- Support other protection activities especially:
- Report about emergencies such as evictions, displacement, natural disaster and related protection needs.
- Participate in protection and multi-sectoral rapid needs assessments.
- Support coordination of emergency response through sharing information about needs and ongoing interventions.
- Provide psychological first aid and referrals to survivors of protection incidents in line with the survivor-centered approach.
- Refer cases with protection concerns to the case worker/community service worker, to ensure their protection needs are addressed.
- Conduct spot observation in areas where returnees and IDPs are living for inclusion in protection mainstreaming.
- Conduct mobile patrols.
Applicants must have:
- Diploma, University Degree in Social Sciences or related qualification in Social work, protection or human rights.
- At least 1 year previous NGO or humanitarian work experience.
- Good data collection / analysis and reporting skills.
- Experience using online data collection software.
- Familiar with computers, Outlook, Excel and MS Word, mobile surveys.
- Experience in protection monitoring and reporting.
- Proficiency in Somali is required.
- Good command in English language (written and spoken) essential.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.