Deadline: 7 March 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer- Capacity Building in Bekaa, Lebanon.
The Protection Officer will be responsibile to build the capacity of local partners (non-governmental organizations) and Social Development Centers (managed by the Ministry of Social Affairs-MoSA) as well as the internal training of DRC staff in South.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Technical support
- Undertake capacity assessments of the local partners on GBV and Child protection prevention and response activities (including reflection workshops) with the support of the Capacity Building specialist, and in coordination with the line manager.
- Develop comprehensive capacity building plans for local partners and based on respective needs and ensuring quality interventions.
- Provide trainings based on the harmonized training packages to local partners.
- Facilitate trainings on Child protection and GBV prevention and response, as well as general protection principles to DRC’s partners and internal staff.
- Oversee the provision of trainings on organizational capacity in coordination with the Partnership Team Leader, FAM and Protection Team Leader.
- Identify technical gaps in the program and identify/implement solutions to meet these gaps.
- Grant implementation and reporting
- Ensure the implementation of the capacity building plans and conduct site visits to the partners regularly.
- Produce monthly reports on the progression of the capacity building projects.
- Contribute to the overall protection/CS weekly/monthly report underlining protection issues and related trends and figures in coordination with the Protection Manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s in Social work, women’s studies or another related field.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times.
- Ability to provide technical support, trainings and supervision of GBV staff.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in community development and mobilization.
- Experience in conducting training needs analysis/assessments and developing training programs for a broad range of audiences from different institutional levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Experience in management and leading team-building activities.
- Proven experience in undertaking trainings and capacity building initiatives.
- Experience in building capacities of local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English with their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.