Deadline: 6 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer –Case Management CP in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 8 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Officer –Case Management CP will perform the following functions:
- Supervise CP caseworkers and support them through the provision of technical guidance and age/gender appropriate and specialized support on case management and psychosocial support to women and girls ( including guidance on caring for child survivors) and to girls and boys in need of case management (including on child labor, neglect and abuse).
- Monitor staff working hours, complete performance review with staff, ensure respect of DRC Code of Conduct.
- Produce monthly reports and support the Area Protection Manager in submitting internal and donor reports as per the reporting schedule.
- Monitor the efficient and accurate updating of the CP case management database. Compile the data and make note of trends observed.
- Monthly review of open cases using case supervision tools and develop systems for regular supervision of case management.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on problems in the implementation of the program and participate in regular supervisory meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care and appropriate case management.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field.
- Minimum 2 year’s of experience in counseling survivors of gender-based violence or vulnerable women and girls/and or in child protection case management.
- Good knowledge of protection principles in humanitarian settings and of the Bekaa context.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiaries at all times.
- Ability to provide technical support, trainings and supervision of GBV and CP caseworkers.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible with working hours and able to handle pressure well
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon and in international organizations and humanitarian settings is preferred.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.