Deadline: 20 May 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Development Specialist (Safeguards) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Social Development Specialist (Safeguards) will provide assistance, technical guidance, knowledge sharing and capacity building to ensure that social safeguards and other social development dimensions (i.e., social analysis, poverty reduction, gender and development, HIV/AIDS, participation, labor, and non-government organization (NGO) operations) are adequately addressed and incorporated in the operational activities of EASI and EARD.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead the social due diligence by reviewing environment and social assessments and plans and environmental and social management systems of projects.
- Support, identify, and monitor and report to management on assigned projects with high involuntary resettlement or indigenous peoples safeguards or social/labor sensitivity.
- Provide guidance to project team and clients on managing and resolving social safeguards issues, in consultation with EARD Safeguards Unit and Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC).
- Lead in liaising with clients, civil society organizations, development partners, and in coordination with EARD Safeguards Unit and NGO Center, responds to CSO’s concerns.
- Support efforts in building capacity, and advancing the development of safeguards and social policies on an ADB-wide context.
- Contribute to policy dialogue with developing member countries (DMCs) in East Asia on policy and institutional requirements for social safeguards, gender, and other social dimensions, including efforts to harmonize ADB requirements with that of DMCs.
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of policy and strategies for social development, poverty reduction and social protection, including social inclusion, gender and development, HIV/AIDS prevention and core labor standards in consultation with relevant government agencies.
- Contribute information and analyses for economic and sector work, and interdepartmental working groups on social safeguards, social development, gender, and poverty reduction.
- Assist in preparing country strategies and transport sector work for social dimensions.
- Assist in undertaking sector and thematic issues, including social safeguards, gender assessment and social/poverty impact assessments for EASI operations.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external training and conferences on social safeguards and social development as well as to other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
- Develop and administer, as needed, technical assistance and other training programs for safeguards and social capacity building.
- Contribute to sector and thematic studies, including gender-related and social/poverty impact assessments relevant to EASI operations, and prepare knowledge products related to social safeguards and other social dimensions.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in an applied social science, e.g. Sociology, Anthropology, Human Geography, Development Economics, or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience in social analysis, involuntary resettlement and indigenous peoples’ safeguard policy application and in social development planning and implementation, including international work experience.
- Strong multidisciplinary competence combined with substantial experience in safeguard policies, social development and related capacity building.
- Work knowledge of the operations of international development organizations and governments.
- Experience in application of policies and procedures for social safeguards.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and communication, and multidisciplinary skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.