Deadline: 5 May 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Development Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Social Development Specialist will support primarily the social development’s work in Mindanao.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Contribute to the Bank’s analytical work and policy advice on peacebuilding, conflict resolution, security and development.
- Work collaboratively with other GPs to promote conflict-sensitivity in World Bank operations including through the provision of technical assistance for operations within the Mindanao Comprehensive Development Program.
- Provide support for institution building for peace and development to the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) government, particularly during the transition from ARMM to BTA administrations.
- Support the implementation, supervision and reporting of the Mindanao Trust Fund, Reconstruction and Development Project, closely liaising with MTF partners and supporting the possible continuation and expansion of the program.
- Provide support for the ongoing technical assistance and advisory services for Marawi as well as the preparation of the Marawi Recovery Loan.
- Support the social development team in its dialogue with counterparts, interacting with clients and partners at the operational and policy level.
- Other assignments as and when required by the Practice Manager.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or PhD) in relevant social science (e.g. Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, and Political Science) or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of professional relevant experience in social development topics, including peace building, fragility and conflict, community-driven development, social inclusion, gender, youth, etc.
- Demonstrated project management experience on fragility, conflict and/or violence.
- Proven experience in carrying out analytical work related to conflict and fragility and adapt professional knowledge and technical skills to analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to policy issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated project management skills and aptitude to lead diverse teams.
- Experience with social development programs including Community Driven Development, decentralization, gender, and social inclusion desirable.
- Experience with the transition of combatants to productive civilians a plus.
- Experience with managing donor-funded projects/programs a plus.
- Experience in working with programs that involve multi-sectoral/multi-level stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.